Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Barack Obama

This is a poster advertising a speech by Barack Obama in Germany. I found it when I was researching modern posters which uses the Bauhaus style. As soon as i saw it I was amazed, still am amazed whenever I look at it. Its just so BEAUTIFUL! haha yeah its good. 
I believe Barack Obama wouldn't be where he is now without his design team. Even though the style of the Bauhaus used in this design is 90 years old when this poster was designed, i believe it still has a modern feel to it which is incorporated in the somewhat "shiney" typography which uses gradients quite successfully. 
It uses the American colours so successfully with the majority of the poster, the majority of the poster is blue, but with a splash of rich red which is very strong in the design of the poster. The red is emphasizing that to attend the speech its free for the public.
I believe with the angle and the view of Barack Obama's face really has an emotional and powerful feel with it. As I look at the picture I see Barack as a dominant and inspirational man, just by looking at his picture. I think the typography is fantastic, using different sizes and boldness of the same san serif typeface. 
I want to shake the hand of every member of the Barack Obama design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment