Sunday, June 7, 2009

Solo

This is the packaging design for a Canadian mobile phone company known as Solo. I think its fantaaaaaaastic. I love the use of the broken orange lines which seems to support some form of movement which is incorporated into Solo's logo. The way the phone is situated in the plastic gives the impression that the phone is the centre of communication, communication that of that being represented by the broken orange line spread across the packaging. The packaging seem to follow the two thirds rule used in advertising with the phone in the top third and the description if the contents in the bottom third.
I saw the packaging in a book known as Logo Savvy which covers the developments behind large brands from across the world, being impressed by seeing how this company developed their logo, I though I would write a blog on my favourite packaging by them.
I believe it has strong typography in its logo which has worked well with being incorporated in other parts of the design.
I was attracted to the piece because of an ad which was for Solo but next to the packaging, after being obsessed with the ad for a while i soon became obsessed with the packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment